Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Stuffing vegetarian recipes for 12 people.
Ingredients for Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Stuffing
generous swirl extra virgin olive oil
1 stick (1/2 cup) vegan butter (I use Earth Balance oleo)
1 bunch celery, sliced, leaves and all
2 onions, chopped
3-6 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, minced
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
12 large leaves fresh sage, minced
2 stalks fresh thyme, strip the leaves and rub between hands before adding
1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
10-12 cups assorted bread cubes (see below)
2 cups veggie broth (or 2 bullion cubes and hot water)
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Stuffing, How to Make
1. For bread crumbs, for the month or so before Thanksgiving, I toss all the heels and last few slices of bread from different breads into my freezer, so I have many different kinds of bread to work with. I try and have some pumpernickel and/or rye, sourdough, cracked wheat, multigrain and whole wheat. I’ve even used spinach bagels.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In your largest skillet (I use a huge cast iron one), start the oil vegan butter heating over extra low heat. Add the celery, onions, garlic and carrots and turn the heat up to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally, while you get the herbs ready.
3. Add the parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, sprinkle it with some sea salt, and grind a bit of fresh pepper over it. Sauté until the onions and celery are soft and translucent, and the kitchen smells wonderful.
4. While the veggies are cooking, cut the bread into cubes and throw into your largest bowl. Pour the veggies onto the bread; use a rubber scraper to get all the herbs out of the skillet! Stir well with a large spoon. Add your broth and toss well. It should be moist but not wet.
5. Put into a large casserole or two, cover, and put in oven. Bake for 45 minutes covered, then 15 minutes uncovered, so it gets browned and crusty.
Stuffing, cranberry relish, smashed potatoes, miso gravy, rolls, peas and baby onions, and lots of pies-who has room for turkey?
Additional info for Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Stuffing
Preparation time: 2 hours
Spicy Cashew/Artichoke Dip Recipe
Spicy Cashew/Artichoke Dip vegetarian recipes for 4 people. Ingredients for Spicy Cashew/Artichoke Dip 3/4 – 1 can water packed artichokes …
Chili Con Queso Dip Recipe
Chili Con Queso Dip vegetarian recipes for people. Ingredients for Chili Con Queso Dip All measurements are not exact, feel …
Copycat Wienerschnitzel Chili Recipe
Copycat Wienerschnitzel Chili vegetarian recipes for 4 people. Ingredients for Copycat Wienerschnitzel Chili 1/2 of tube of Lightlife Gimme Lean …
Corn Ball Dressing Recipe
Corn Ball Dressing vegetarian recipes for 6 people. Ingredients for Corn Ball Dressing 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 cup chopped …
Romesco Sauce Recipe
Romesco Sauce vegetarian recipes for 1 people. Ingredients for Romesco Sauce 1 red pepper, deseeded and quartered 1/2 cup of …