Spring Rolls vegetarian recipes for 4 people.
Ingredients for Spring Rolls
1/2 tablespoon oil (I use coconut)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon vegan chicken broth powder
1/4 cup water
2 green onions, sliced
1/4-1/2 cup vermicelli noodles, optional
4 sheets rice paper
Spring Rolls, How to Make
1. Saute garlic and onions in oil on low heat until onions are transparent. Add carrot, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover. Continue to cook on low until carrots begin to soften (8 to 10 minutes). In a small sauce pan, add cabbage to boiling water, and cook until softened. (about 8 to 10 minutes). Drain and remove from heat.
2. Add broth powder and water to pan with carrot mixture. Stir, cover and continue cooking on low heat. When the water is almost all absorbed, add green onions, stir, cover and continue cooking on low heat for 5 minutes. Add cabbage to pan with carrots, stir well, cover and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
3. In a small sauce pan, bring some water to a boil. Add vermicelli and continue to boil for 1 1/2-2 minutes, stirring with a fork to keep from sticking. When ready, drain and place in pan with carrot mixture, stir well, separating vermicelli with 2 forks if needed, and remove from heat.
4. Add hot water to a large dinner plate and soak 1 rice paper for 5-10 seconds, or until soft. Place 1 damp tea towel on counter, and place rice paper on top. Place 1/4 of the pan mixture in the middle, top 1/2 the rice paper circle.
5. Fold the bottom 1/2 up, and fold the left side over to the right, and roll snug. Place 2nd damp cloth on small plate, and put each finished roll here, and fold cloth over to cover and keep warm while rolling the rest.
Enjoy! I don’t know if they keep as left overs. My rice paper package says to use within 8 hours of rolling; I’m not sure why though. I prepare the filling in advance (minus the cabbage and vermicelli), and reheat enough for a meal in a pan, cooking the cabbage and vermicelli on the side, and rolling as needed.
Source of recipe: I had some rice paper that I was dying to try out, and couldn’t think of anything else to do with it.
Additional info for Spring Rolls
Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: about 30 minutes
Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipe-Vegetarian Recipes
Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipe vegetarian recipes for 5 people. Ingredients for Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipe 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and …
Crunchy Dill and “Sour Cream” Potato Bites-Vegetarian Recipes
Crunchy Dill and “Sour Cream” Potato Bites vegetarian recipes for people. Ingredients for Crunchy Dill and “Sour Cream” Potato Bites …
Tofu Spring Rolls-Vegetarian Recipes
Tofu Spring Rolls vegetarian recipes for 10-15 people. Ingredients for Tofu Spring Rolls 1 pound firm tofu, cubed 3 tablespoons …
Savory Coconut Okra-Vegetarian Recipes
Savory Coconut Okra vegetarian recipes for 4-5 servings people. Ingredients for Savory Coconut Okra 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut1 tablespoon …
Garlic Knots-Vegetarian Recipes
Garlic Knots vegetarian recipes for 18 rolls people. Ingredients for Garlic Knots 1 1/2 cups warm water Garlic Knots, How …