Stuffed Grape Leaves vegetarian recipes for people.
Ingredients for Stuffed Grape Leaves
1/4 cup + 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup basmati or long-grain rice
2 tablespoons chopped dill
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (8 ounce) jar grape leaves, drained
2 lemons, juiced, divided
Stuffed Grape Leaves, How to Make
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the onions in 1/4 cup olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl and add the (uncooked) rice, dill and parsley.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Combine and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the grape leaves in the boiling water in batches, 2 minutes each. Remove with tongs and set aside in a colander or on paper towel to dry and cool.
3. To assemble, place 1 grape leaf, shiny side down. Trim any stems. Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons rice filling at the base of the leaf. Fold the bottom up, fold over the sides and roll up to make a cylindrical shape. Do not wrap too tightly as the rice will expand when it cooks. Repeat with the remaining leaves and filling.
4. Place the rolled grape leaves, seam side down, amongst 2 deep saute pans, in a single layer. Over each batch, pour 1/3 cup olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon.
5. Add enough water to just come up to the sides of the leaves. Cover the pans and simmer over low heat 30 minutes to 1 hour, until fork tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source of recipe: This recipe is my version of a zillion stuffed grape leaf recipes I researched.
Additional info for Stuffed Grape Leaves
Preparation time: 1 hour, Cooking time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipe-Vegetarian Recipes
Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipe vegetarian recipes for 5 people. Ingredients for Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipe 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and …
Crunchy Dill and “Sour Cream” Potato Bites-Vegetarian Recipes
Crunchy Dill and “Sour Cream” Potato Bites vegetarian recipes for people. Ingredients for Crunchy Dill and “Sour Cream” Potato Bites …
Tofu Spring Rolls-Vegetarian Recipes
Tofu Spring Rolls vegetarian recipes for 10-15 people. Ingredients for Tofu Spring Rolls 1 pound firm tofu, cubed 3 tablespoons …
Savory Coconut Okra-Vegetarian Recipes
Savory Coconut Okra vegetarian recipes for 4-5 servings people. Ingredients for Savory Coconut Okra 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut1 tablespoon …
Garlic Knots-Vegetarian Recipes
Garlic Knots vegetarian recipes for 18 rolls people. Ingredients for Garlic Knots 1 1/2 cups warm water Garlic Knots, How …