Peanut Butter Biscotti vegetarian recipes for people.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Biscotti
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon nondairy milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Biscotti, How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius. Line a cookie sheet with baking (parchment) paper and either brush with oil or use cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, flaxseed meal, and baking powder. Add peanut butter and rub through (similar to making pie crust). Add nondairy milk and vanilla extract; mix until it forms a ball.
3. Knead the dough until there are no obvious sugar grains. (Dough will be stiff but sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour.) Divide into 2 equal portions. Roll each into a log about 10″ (25 centimeters) long. Put logs on cookie sheet and flatten to about 3″ (8cm) wide.
4. Bake 35 to 45 minutes.* To check if it’s done, lightly press the middle of each loaf. It should give a little, but not feel too squishy. Put the logs on a wire rack to cool. Reduce oven temp to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or 150 degrees Celsius.
5. After about 15 minutes, when the logs are cool enough to handle, cut them into 1/4- to 1/2-inch (1 centimeter) slices. Stand the slices up on the cookie sheet, leaving space between each slice. Bake 15 to 25 minutes.* Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Serve with tea or coffee for dipping.
I think this dough would also make good peanut butter cookies if you made them into cookie shapes and skipped the 2nd baking part. I haven’t tried though, so do it at your own risk.
*Because of my oven, I generally have to bake things longer and rotate trays etc. to get them to bake evenly. If you have a good oven, use the shorter times.
Source of recipe: Inspired by faunablues, but I wrote this recipe =)
Additional info for Peanut Butter Biscotti
Preparation time: 30 minutes, Cooking time: about 1 hour
Cooking Time: about 1 hour
Chocolate Mocha Cake-Vegetarian Recipe
Chocolate Mocha Cake vegetarian recipes for 20 people. Ingredients for Chocolate Mocha Cake 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour, sifted …
Protein Power Cookies-Vegetarian Recipe
Protein Power Cookies vegetarian recipes for 10 people. Ingredients for Protein Power Cookies 400g Tin Chickpeas, drained and washed 2 …
Ultra-Moist Amazing Chocolate Three Layer Cake-Vegetarian Recipe
Ultra-Moist Amazing Chocolate Three Layer Cake vegetarian recipes for people. Ingredients for Ultra-Moist Amazing Chocolate Three Layer Cake Chocolate …
Tofu-Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream-Vegetarian Recipe
Tofu-Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream vegetarian recipes for 4 people. Ingredients for Tofu-Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream 12 oz. firm, silken tofu …