Sweet Potato Boats with Dukkah and Burrata & Pomegranate Seeds Recipe – Fill Sweet Potato Boats with burrata, pomegranate seeds, and dukkah for a quick and easy dinner idea. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- Small batch of Dukkah:
- 2 pistachios
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Pinch of dried mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- For the Sweet Potato Boats:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 ball of burrata
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (about 1/4 pomegranate)
- Italian parsley, for garnish
- To make dukkah: add the pistachios to a mortar and pestle and set aside. (Alternatively, you could do this in a food processor.)
- To a small skillet, set over medium heat, pour in the sesame seeds and moving the pan continuously, toast until lightly golden brown, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and repeat the toasting process with the black peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Add the dried mint leaves to the mortar and pestle; mash and twist until the spice mixture is all ground up.
- To cook sweet potatoes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap each sweet potato in foil and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to oven to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before handling. Unwrap sweet potatoes and continue with recipe. Turn the ovens temperature down to 300 degrees.
- To assemble the boats: half the sweet potatoes, lengthwise. Turn them flesh-side up. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and using a fork, mash up the sweet potato, being careful not to tear the outer skin.
- Open up the ball of burrata and add a hefty teaspoon to each sweet potato. Return to the oven to melt the cheese just slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with dukkah, pomegranate seeds and Italian parsley.
Sweet Potato Boats with Dukkah and Burrata & Pomegranate Seeds Recipe courtesy of Fresh TastesYou May Also Like
Strawberry Bread Pudding Recipe
Strawberry Bread Pudding Recipe – Instant breakfast in under 30 minutes! (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes) Ingredients 2 …
Mini-Sweet Peppers with Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Mini-Sweet Peppers with Red Pepper Hummus Recipe – This dish adds a colorful punch to your hors d’oeuvre offering. To …
Brown Sugar-Glazed Carrots Recipe
Brown Sugar-Glazed Carrots Recipe – These sweet, buttery carrots make a perfect Thanksgiving side dish because you can make them …
Arnolds Green Smoothie? Recipe
Arnolds Green Smoothie? Recipe – Arnolds Green Smoothie? Recipe courtesy of Friday Arts Art of Food Recipe courtesy of Arnold …
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe – These breakfast muffins can also be easily converted into pancakes or a loaf. (Recipe Credit: …