Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies vegetarian recipes for 20-30 people.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies
1/2 cup sorghum molasses
1/4 cup warm water
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup nondairy milk (I use soy)
5 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup pure grade A maple syrup
1/3 cup demerara sugar (or turbinado)
2 1/3 cups spelt flour
1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3 teaspoons cardamom
3 1/4 teaspoons Saigon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 rounded cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups walnuts, roasted and chopped
2 1/3 cups dried cranberries or another small berry
Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies, How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper. Blend the molasses and warm water, and set aside. Blend pumpkin, milk, flax, and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add oil, maple syrup, molasses mixture, and sugar. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, blend spelt and whole wheat flours. Add spices, baking soda and salt.
3. Mix until color is even throughout. Sift into pumpkin mixture. Fold in oats, walnuts, and cranberries. Drop medium to large size scoops of dough onto the parchment paper at least 1 1/2″ apart.
4. Press down on tops to flatten. Place cookies in oven for 15 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it does not come out clean, bake an additional 3 minutes, checking at every minute.
5. The cookies are dark because of the molasses and pumpkin, so testing with a toothpick is absolutely necessary. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
Store loosely covered away from direct sunlight. Cookies may be frozen. To rewarm, place cookie on a microwave safe plate and heat for 45 seconds on high. Increase time as needed for larger cookies.
Please, if you do not have access to sorghum molasses just use plain molasses. Replacing it with something else altogether weakens the flavor and causes the cookies to crumble! Also, these can be given a protein punch by replacing 1/3 cup whole wheat flour with 1/3 cup powdered protein of your choice. I prefer hemp-seed as it is rich in Omega 3s and 6s. Remember, if at all possible use organic! It is better for us all!
Source of recipe: This recipe was inspired by and modified from a recipe a friend shared with me. I don’t know where she got it, but it was supposedly modified from a recipe in ‘Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.’ Complex, yes, but delicious and nutritious.
Additional info for Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies
Preparation time: 15 min, Cooking time: 15-18 min
Cooking Time: 15-18 min
Petes Oatmeal Breakfast-Vegetarian Recipe
Petes Oatmeal Breakfast vegetarian recipes for people. Ingredients for Petes Oatmeal Breakfast 2 ounces oatmeal (roughly 2/3 cup) 1.5 ounces …
Amaranth Grits-Vegetarian Recipe
Amaranth Grits vegetarian recipes for 2-3 people. Ingredients for Amaranth Grits 1 cup amaranth 1 small clove garlic, peeled and …
Tofu Biscuits ‘N Gravy with Brazil Nuts-Vegetarian Recipe
Tofu Biscuits ‘N Gravy with Brazil Nuts vegetarian recipes for 4-6 people. Ingredients for Tofu Biscuits ‘N Gravy with Brazil …
Norwegian Pancakes-Vegetarian Recipe
Norwegian Pancakes vegetarian recipes for 4-6 people. Ingredients for Norwegian Pancakes 3 eggs (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer – 4 …
Samosa Hash-Vegetarian Recipe
Samosa Hash vegetarian recipes for 8 people. Ingredients for Samosa Hash Samosa hash 4 chopped, boiled potatoes 1/2 white onion, …