Falafel vegetarian recipes for 8 people.
Ingredients for Falafel
2 cups dry garbanzo beans, rinsed
1/3 red onion, chopped
2 red potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 ounce fresh cilantro
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons garlic oil
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
canola oil, as needed
Falafel, How to Make
1. Place garbanzos in a large pot, and cover with water. Let soak 24 hours, and rinse again. Place the garbanzo beans, onion, and potato in the bowl of a food processor. Cover, and process until finely chopped. Leaving about 1 cup of the garbanzo bean mixture in the food processor bowl, pour the rest into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper to the garbanzo bean mixture in the food processor bowl; process on low to blend thoroughly. Return the reserved garbanzo bean mixture to the food processor bowl.
3. Add the lemon zest and juice, and garlic oil, and process on low into a coarse meal. Cover, and refrigerate 2 hours. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line baking tray with parchment. Stir the baking soda, flour, and bread crumbs into the garbanzo bean mixture until evenly blended.
4. Using damp hands, form the mixture into 1 1/2″ diameter balls then lightly flatten so they are about 3/4″ tall. Place on prepared baking tray, and bake for about 10 minutes, flip the falafel and bake the other side for another 10 minutes.
5. Pour canola oil into a pan about 1/2″ deep, and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the falafel, turning so the sides are evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove falafel from oil, and drain on paper towels. Repeat to cook remaining falafel.
This is great as traditional served on pita with vegan tzatziki and lettuce (try it with my cucumber salsa recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=40033.0), or you can also put them on mini hamburger buns and use them for vegan sliders.
Source of recipe: I wrote this.
Additional info for Falafel
Preparation time: 1 day 2 hours 15 min, Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Middle East Tabouleh Salad Recipe
Middle East Tabouleh Salad vegetarian recipes for 8 people. Ingredients for Middle East Tabouleh Salad 2 large skinned, seeded tomatoes …
Kosambari vegetarian recipes for people. Ingredients for Kosambari 1 lb Carrots (peel the skin and grate it in the food …
Miso Vegetable Saute Recipe
Miso Vegetable Saute vegetarian recipes for people. Ingredients for Miso Vegetable Saute peanut or sesame oil 1 large zucchini, halved …
Thai Coconut Lemongrass Soup Recipe
Thai Coconut Lemongrass Soup vegetarian recipes for 2 people. Ingredients for Thai Coconut Lemongrass Soup 2 cans coconut milk 2 …
Simple Mushroom Curry Recipe
Simple Mushroom Curry vegetarian recipes for 1 people. Ingredients for Simple Mushroom Curry 1/2 large onion, finely chopped olive oil, …